Thursday, January 6, 2011

Negative Fifteen








What were we thinking?

New Years Eve Eve, we packed our bags and warm clothes and decided to snowmobile into my Grandpa's cabin with Ty. We didn't get to the parking lot until dark. We loaded everything and bundled Ty up and we were off. Ty HATED it. He was scared and he kicked and screamed and fought the entire way. It was negative fifteen and we had to keep his face covered so it didn't get frostbite. Half way through, I thought to myself, "What were we thinking?" We were too far to turn back and still a few miles from the cabin.

Ty was fine when we got there but I was a little bit in shock (I hate it when my baby cries). I jumped off the snowmobile to walk into the cabin and the snow went up to my hips!

We stayed for a couple days. It was beautiful.
Cold, but beautiful.

On the way out, we got smarter. I zipped Ty into my snowmobile overalls and wrapped him in a fleece blanket. He looked around and smiled. Within 2 minutes he was asleep.

We got some snowshoes for Christmas. I can't wait to break them out again this weekend. Hopefully, the temperature will rise to at least double digits (my car thermometer this morning said 2*F).

4 comments:

  1. that's totally awesome!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good wife to like to do those things with your husband. Do you want to take mine with you next time? Haha. I'm such a wimp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun!!! Next time we should get together and let the babies play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys I just saw your Christmas card at my moms and got your blog address so happy to know you are a blogger now I can keep tabs on ya

    ReplyDelete